Spice Mi410, Android powered smartphone from Spice Group is Spice’s first attempt to enter the big league. Spice Mi410 costs Rs. 13999 at Saholic. It is powered by 1GHz processor, has a 4.1 inch screen, 5 megapixel camera and a front-facing VGA camera. WiFi, Bluetooth and A-GPS are on board too. The cost of a phone with a similar specs in the current market could go up to 19,000.
Spice Mi410 runs Android 2.2 out of the box. There is a surreptitious way of upgrading it to Gingerbread.
Things I like about Spice 410 :
- Mi410’s 4.1 inch screen comes like a fresh air, especially for me as I come from a 3.5 inch iPhone 3G S background. Reading, browsing, tweeting and Google Plussing are all just wonderful on Mi410. Though my hands need a little getting used to the extra surface area they have to cover.
- Mi410 has a slim build as far as the thickness goes. It’s wide and tall and that is only expected from a 4.1 inch screen phone.
- It’s not plastic : Mi410 has a solid industrial design. There isn’t much of plastic anywhere and yet it doesn’t feel heavy in your hands. The back cover is all metal which gives Mi410 the extra finesse.
- Sound quality and speakers are good. Calls are audible .
- Battery seems to be good. Mi410 has a good power management as the idle time for the phone to back to black screen is very less. Thus reducing the drain on the battery.
- WiFi : I have never seen an extremely vigilant WiFi on a phone. WiFi is one of the most excellent features of Mi410. When it is configured, it immediately connects to the WiFi, if it is not configured and is just out of the box, it shows up the WiFi networks immediately. Something my Dell laptop fails to do sometimes.
- Apps work just fine. I have tried close to 20 apps already and the experience is very good. Google+, TweetDeck, WhatsApp Pulse, Google Reader and Amazon Kindle are some of the apps I have tried.
- Multi-purpose charger - Mi410 comes with a US charger and India converter out of the box. Mi410 has a mini-USB interface which plugs into the charger.
- The power button is on the opposite side of the volume toggle which can also be used for camera zoom. In landscape mode, if you try to zoom in, your thumb accidentally falls on the power button shutting the phone off. Being ginger with it is always an option, but this is something the design should have taken care of.
- The Jolt : I have seen this in quite a few Android powered phones. When ever you perform a selection in an application there is slight jolt on the phone, the kind of jolt you experience when the phone is on vibrate. I am yet to figure out how to turn this off. This jolt is a little annoying.
- The touch screen is responsive for 95% of the time. Some operations need a little extra push like unlocking the screen. Or I might be acting all sophisticated and stuff.
- This might be a general Android quirk, but when the music player is on and when I start YouTube, both the apps use the speakers. Typically, two apps can’t share the same resource like speakers.
I some how feel that Mi410 did not get the coverage it deserved. At Rs. 13999, Mi410 is a steal.
The Gadget Fan
M3M Gurgaon says
Good information, good content, I like the way of writing. You have
described point to point information!
I also have a news related Noida, Nimbus The Golden Palm located in
the heart of Noida in Sector 168, bang on the main Noida Expressway.
IITL Nimbus The Golden Palm Noida Expressway is just 10 minutes drive
from DND flyover, Secto-18 Atta Market, and 5 min.
Can you please tell me if Video calling works on 3G and Wifi?
I've purchased this phone recently and i wanna share my comments which might be helpful for people to decide.
Good things : The processor(1 Ghz) ,resolution(480×800),screen size(4.1 inch),camera quality,HDMI output,You also have options to look at application that are consuming most of your battery and is pretty helpful.
1)I didn't like the position of power button sometimes by mistake u might turn off the off.
2)Sometimes my phone got restarted by itself did't know why,I was just browsing some websites and 2nd time i was checking some documents
3) The lag on the home screen and the main menu screen is noticeable and people who have used HTC will definitely get irritated like me(but they say it's improved in the 2.3 GB version ,well let's see) ,I guess spice introduced the mobile into the market in a little hurry without much of testing.
4)It doesn't support OTA updates(verryyy bad thing),they are saying it'll b there in the official release of 2.3 Android GB
5)This one is pretty interesting,If you have Wi-fi and mobile network enabled and you are using wi-fi network and you leave your phone idle for sometime with the same situation. and when you'll try to use your phone again by unlocking ,you'll notice it's using mobile network instead of the Wi-fi. That is just crappy.
I hope it'll help you.
The Gadget Fan
erotic photography says
Simply a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw great pattern .