Acer which holds a number 2 position in India for computers has launched its Ultrabook series called Acer Aspire S3. Acer’s ultrabooks are competing with Macbook air in style, finish and thickness. Acer Aspire S3’s biggest attraction is 13.1 mm thickness which is less than Macbook Air. When compared to Macbook Air, Aspire S3 could be termed as cheap. Acer has priced its Aspire S3 series starting from Rs. 49999.
The specifications on this thinner are quite impressive too. Ever since the tablets came into picture boot times have seen a new and renewed focus. Acer Aspire S3 promises a fast resume in 1.5 seconds from sleep and in 6 seconds from Deep Sleep. It also promises to connect to Internet in 2.5 seconds. The hating period of waiting for the computer to become useful has just come down a bit.
- Intel Core i3-2367M/i5 – 2467M
- 4 GB DDR3
- 13.3 inch HD 1366×768 resolution LED-backlit TFT LCD
- Intel HD graphics 3000 with 128MB dedicated memory
- 320 GB HD
- 720 p audio and video recording
- 13.1 mm in thickness
- Weight : 1.35 kg
- Battery : 3280 mAh
- Ports : HDMI port and 2 USB ports
- 1.3 megapixel camera
- 7 hours battery life
- Fast resume in 1.5 seconds from sleep and 6 seconds from Deep Sleep
- Connect to internet in 2.5 seconds with Instant Connect
A good laptop or an ultrabook, could reap huge benefits in an Indian market which hasn’t yet warmed up for the tablets. Could Acer Aspire S3 be the one? It got the potential because it is giving the Macbook Air’s coolness minus the Apple logo and hefty price tag.
If Aspire S3’s industrial design gives a sturdy feel, there will be takers.