- 16% of those surveyed in west download finance apps (the highest of any region),
- 23% south Indians mostly use gaming apps (again, higher than any other region) and
- 29% of people from the North-East download educational apps.
- Nearly 30% of south Indians surveyed use the apps on their smartphone during commutes, while 32% use them at home.
- Over 40% of those surveyed in the North download music apps-more than in any other Indian region.
- Around 25% of people in the North-East use almost all the apps they download on their smartphone, while their neighbours in the east, are the highest users of social networking apps (39%).