Spice which tends to launch innovative phones (like Spice Mi350 and Mi270) at aggressive prices much before the competition is now launching Spice Mi280 – the cheapest front-facing camera phone. Spice Mi280 costs Rs. 5123 and comes with a VGA front-camera and 3.2 megapixel rear camera. Let’s dig a little deeper into other specifications.
Spice Mi280 comes with a 2.8 inch resistive touch screen. Spice Mi280 is powered by 650 MHz processor, 200 MHz GPU and 512 MB RAM. Spice Mi280 runs Gingerbread (Android 2.3). 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS and USB connectivity are onboard. Memory can be expanded to 32 GB.
A 1000 mAh battery powers Spice Mi280 which provides 2 hours of talk time on a 3G network and 4 days of standby time.
- Running Android 2.3 OS is something to write home about. It’s the obvious thing to do but not many people get the obvious.
- A GPU with 200 MHz might and 512 MB RAM might actually make Mi 280 run better than most of its peers.
- Connectivity options are all there.
- The front-facing camera. Of course. Isn’t that too obvious.
- The price of Rs. 5123.
- Considering the price of Rs. 5123 a resistive touch screen sounds like the only option but it is a letdown. Resistive touch screens are hard to master, if they ever can be mastered.
- Battery which provides 2 hours of talk time on a 3G network? What do you want me to do after that? Carry my own power supply? This is the biggest letdown of all.
Battery and resistive touch screen could far outweigh all the other positives that Mi280 comes with.