A great camera phone can not only replace your old and bulky point-and-shoot digital camera (at least in daylight) but will also let you capture every memorable moment and scene. You simply can’t carry your digital camera along with you always. So if you love taking photos, then it becomes important that you invest in a good camera phone.
Here are some of the best camera phones running on Android OS that your money can buy under Rs. 10,000:
1. Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus
Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus is a metal body phone costing Rs. 8,499 running on top of Snapdragon 616 octa-core chip. The phone packs a 5 inch IPS full-HD display and runs on Android Lollipop.
Specifications: Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus
- Chipset: Snapdragon 616
- CPU: 1.5 GHz octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 405
- RAM: 2 GB
- OS: Android Lollipop 5.1
- Display: 5.0 inch, IPS FHD LCD display,
- Camera: Primary- 13 MP AF with LED Flash; Secondary- 5 MP FF
- Memory: Internal- 16 GB ; External- Up to 32 GB via microSD card slot.
- Battery: 2750 mAh Li-ion
- Connectivity: GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, Dual SIM with 4G support on both SIMs, microUSB 2.0 with USB Host, Dual SIM, Bluetooth 4.1, EDGE, HSPA, WiFi with hotspot
2. Mi Redmi 4A
The phone runs on a quad-core CPU, packs 2 GB RAM, 5-inch IPS LCD display, 13/5 MP camera combo, 16 GB ROM expandable to 128 GB via hybrid slot, and is powered by a 3120 mAh battery. The phone runs on MIUI 8 based on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1.
- Chipset : Snapdragon 425
- CPU: 1.4 GHz quad-core
- GPU: Adreno 308
- RAM: 2 GB
- OS: 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Display: 5 inch IPS LCD, 1280×720 pixels
- Camera: Primary-13 MP AF f/2.2with LED Flash; Secondary- 5 MP FF f/2.2
- Memory: Internal- 16 GB; External- up to 128 GB (hybrid slot)
- Battery: 3120 mAh Li-lon (non- removable)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Dual SIM (hybrid slot), GPS, OTG, Bluetooth 4.1, EDGE, HSPA, Wi-Fi with hotspot.
3. Asus Zenfone Max
Priced at Rs. 9,499, the Zenfone Max packs a large 5000 mAh battery and runs on Snapdragon 410 chip, Android Marshmallow, 2 GB RAM, and has a 13MP / 5 MP camera combo.
Buy this phone if you are okay with using a large 5.5-inch display having HD resolution. We recommend it to those who want a phone with excellent battery backup but do not want to shell too much money on it.
- Chipset : Snapdragon 410
- CPU: 1.2 GHz quad-core
- GPU: Adreno 306
- RAM: 2.0 GB
- OS: 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.5 inch with 720p resolution, Gorilla Glass 4
- Camera: Primary-13 MP laser AF, f/0dual-tone dual-LED Flash ; Secondary- 5 MP FF
- Memory: Internal- 16 GB; External-up to 128 GB
- Battery: 5000 mAh Li-Po (non-removable)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Dual SIM, GPS, GSM, FM Radio, USB OTG, Bluetooth 4.0, EDGE, HSPA, Wi-Fi with hotspot
4. Yu Yureka
Yu Yureka hardly needs any introduction. It created a lot of hype and was launched among huge fanfare in India with its main USP as CM OS running on top-notch hardware.
So let’s see what this phone has to offer @ Rs. 8,999:
Yureka packs a Snapdragon 615 SoC having 8 cores clocked at 1.5 GHz each. It also has 2 GB RAM, runs on Android KitKat based CM11 OS, boasts a 5.5” HD display, has 13MP AF camera with LED flash at the back and a secondary 5 MP FF camera at the front. It also packs 16 GB ROM which can be expanded to 32 GB via microSD card and is powered by a 2500 mAh battery.
It’s a dual SIM phone packing the regular connectivity options like GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, and FM Radio.
5. Lava Iris Pixel V2
Lava Pixel V2 is a 4G VoLTE Android Marshmallow smartphone and is priced at Rs. 8,800. It is powered by a 64-bit MediaTek chip, 2 GB RAM, and a 2500 mAh battery.
Specifications: Lava Pixel V2
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6735
- CPU: 1.0 GHz quad-core, 64-bit
- GPU: Mali-T720
- RAM: 2 GB
- OS: Android Marshmallow
- Display: 5.0 inch, HD IPS Display, Dragontrail Glass
- Camera: Primary- 13 MP AF with dual-LED Flash; Secondary- 8 MP (wide angle) with LED flash
- Memory: Internal- 16 GB; External- Up to 32 GB
- Battery: 2500 mAh Li-ion
- Connectivity: GPS with A-GPS, 4G LTE, Dual SIM support, microUSB 2.0, Bluetooth 4.0 EDGE, HSPA, WiFi with hotspot.
6. Mi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 sports a 5.5-inch 2.5D curved full HD display and is powered by 2.1 GHz octa-core processor with 2/3/4 GB RAM, 13MP rear camera ,and 5 MP front camera. It runs on Android Marshmallow and has 32/64 GB ROM options.
The 2 GB RAM variant costs Rs. 9,999 while 3 GB and 4 GB RAM (with 64 GB ROM) models cost Rs. 10,999 and Rs. 12,999 respectively.
Specifications: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- Chipset : Snapdragon 625
- CPU: Adreno 506
- GPU: Mali T880 MP4
- RAM: 2/3/4 GB
- OS: 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.5 inch 2.5D curved screen with 1080p resolution
- Camera: Primary-13 MP AF, LED Flash ; Secondary- 5 MP FF
- Memory: Internal- 32/64 GB; External- up to 128 GB (via hybrid slot)
- Battery: 4100 mAh non removable
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, OTG, fingerprint scanner, IR blaster, Bluetooth 4.1, EDGE, HSPA, Wi-Fi with hotspot, Fingerprint Sensor, micro USB 2.0.
7. Moto G Play 4th Gen.
We hope that this list will prove to be very useful to you in making a sound decision while buying your next camera phone. Cheers!