Micromax, which has a caption of nothing like anything, continues to justify its motto. Be the Gamolution which turns any computer into a gaming device or the Bling which doubles up as jewellery, Micromax has always made its mark. Its innovation and impressive product basket has positioned it comfortably in the top 5 mobile handset vendors in India after Nokia, Samsung and G’Five.
Now Micromax has come up with PSYCH X505, a touch screen phone which costs Rs. 6250.
The most important feature of the phone is the look. For the impatient lot who always want to question the status quo, there are 4 color panels to give the phone a brand new look whenever desired. It also has a psychedelic back panel, from where the phone gets its name.
PSYCH comes loaded with Snaptu – a social networking consortium and Nimbuzz the instant messenger consortium. PSYCH has the standard features like FM radio and voice recorder.
- Dimensions : 104.8mm*56mm*12.9mm
- Display : 7.1cms TFT QVGA(240*320)
- GSM/EGPRS/ 900/1800/1900
- Full Touch Screen
- 2.0 MP Camera
- Multi Format Music Player Music
- 3.5mm Jack — Very important because, some mobile phones have experimented with non-standard jacks which is total disaster
- Stereo FM Radio
- AVI/3GP/MP4 capable Video Player
- Video Recorder
- SMS /MMS/EMS Messaging
- Email capable
- Expandable Memory : MicroSD (upto 8GB)
- Li-ion 900mAh Battery
- Talk Time Up to 3 hours and Standby Time Up to 5 days
- 2000 entries memory per SIM (Source)
Just like other Micromax phones, PSYCH is a dual SIM mobile.
Mobile phones are trying hard to name their phones. It started with model numbers then moved on to the galaxies and the ice creams and now they are moving to the dictionary and finding the most obscure words like psychedelic. What’s next?