Google’s Android is dominating the tablet segment that ranges from low-end to mid-end to high-end. Android’s Ice Cream Sandwich that was launched in October, 2011 has been gaining attention of a lot of people.
It is not only known into making Smartphones, but also boomed the tablet market. Today, we can see masses of affordable tablets that are based on the Android ICS operating system.
There is no doubt that the Android platform has extended its way towards great technology and bang-up the users with lots of features and applications. At a point of time, it was impossible to see tablets under Rs 15,000.
But today, we can see plenty of tablets in this category and it is sure that the users won’t be disappointed with these numerous options available in the market. With dozens of low budget tablets available in India, it is difficult to choose one that meets your preferences.
Below is the roundup of the best Android 4.0 tablets available in India today.
Micromax Funbook in the under the category of best Android ICS tablets introduced in India. The company calls it an edutainment device that targets students and those people who are preparing for professional and competitive exams. This good-looking tablet has a RAM Cortex-A8 processor of 1.2 GHz and runs on the Android 4.0.3 ICS OS. The specs of this Android ICS tablet can be described as –
- 10.1 inches touch screen with a resolution 1024 X 600 pixels
- Supports 3G dongle via USB and also has Wi-Fi
- USB 2.0
- Front-facing camera of 0.3MP VGA
- 4 GB internal memory that is expandable up to 32 GB
- 7 hours of battery life when playing a DVD video
- HD and HDMI support
It is available on almost all the reputed stores including Flipkart (Buy Now). One can also buy it from the Micromax official store at a price of Rs. 9999.
Zen Ultratab A100
Zen’s Ultratab A100 that runs on Android 4.0.3 was recently introduced in the market and is available at a price of Rs. 6,000. This tablet is one of the lightest weight tablet that weighs 295 grams and promises utmost portability. This budget-friendly tablet features –
- 1.2 GHz processor.
- 14 hours of web usage on Wi-Fi
- 3.5 hours of 720p video playback
- Touchscreen of 7 inches with a resolution of 800 x 480
- External wi-fi and 3G support
- Micro USB
- 1.3 MP rear cameras
- External memory card up to 32 GB
This is one of the cheap and the best android based tablet that you can own. It was introduced in Indian market in July, 2012 with a number of features. This tablet is again available in Rs. 6000 range in India.
The specs of this tablet include –
- 7-inch touchscreen with a resolution of 800 X 400 pixels.
- Powered by a 1 GHz Cortex A8.
- Internal memory of 4 GB with a MicroSD
- Expandable memory up to 32 GB.
- Supports mini HDMI output which can be connected to an HDTV screen.
Zync Pad Z-990 Plus
This tablet is introduced by Apple Group of Companies ( India) and was brought into the market a few months ago. This tablet with plenty of advanced features is available in India at a price of Rs. 6200.
The specs of this tablet include –
- A TFT touchscreen on 7 inches with a screen resolution of 800 x 480 pixels.
- Powered by 1.5 GHz processor and runs on Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system
- RAM of 1 GB
- 0.3MP front facing camera that supports video recording
- 3G dongle support via USB 2.0
- HDMI port
- A battery of 3600mAh.
Karbonn Smart Tab 1 tablet can be called as a stylish tablet in the Indian market with lots of amazing features. It runs on Android 4.0.5 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system and powered by 1.2 GHz processor.
The company launched this tablet in India at a price of Rs 10, 550 but is available in online stores for Rs. 6700/-
The detailed specs of this tablet include –
- 7-inch capacitive multi-touch screen
- 2.0 mega pixels front camera
- MicroSD card with an expandable memory up to 32 GB
- USB and HDMI
- 3700 mAh battery
So, which one do you think is the best of the lot – Given the features, I think Zync Pad Z-990 Plus is the best of the lot with competitive pricing and 1GB of Ram!