Trying to figure out a way beyond the infinite products in the market and the even more infinite number of comparison shopping platforms is the mantra of right mix of product comparison and information. As such this write up today is about scaling down the consumer dilemma of selecting the optimal product for their needs. With day to day situations being commonplace when you are trying to either convince yourself on what to buy and what not, my viewpoint of writing information driven articles is to make your task easier as most other writers but to do so by narrowing down the search metrics utilizing a price yardstick. In this issue the focus is upon capturing memories at a sensible price and a sensible quality at that.
Picture this, capturing that picture perfect moment and the image gets blurred. Courtesy you and your shaky hands or the cheap point and shoot camera that you have in your hands. In another set up, that perfectly scenic natural view zooms in on you while you are driving by and you point your camera and shoot and by the time the shutter shuts and shoots, the scene is somewhere else.
This is a case that most of us who have these budget cameras, mostly within the price range upto 10000 INR face. For all the consumers who would like to shop for a new camera that is in the budget segment but are reluctant to go in for the boring and staid point and shoot digital cameras, here is a round up of the best budget cameras which go beyond your standard so called digital cameras and border on an SLR like performance, all of which come below 10000 INR.
The above cameras take pictures that will last as memories, are incredibly nifty about the whole photo shooting experience, as much as your dream SLR (in fact some of them narrow down the boundaries between an SLR and a point and shoot camera). To give you an informed decision making comfort check out my mini-reviews of each of these cameras.
1. Fujifilm FinePix S2980:
The Fujifilm FinePix series of cameras are known for their quality photo shooting abilities. The Fujifilm FinePix S2980 is one of the few cameras which narrows down the border between an SLR and a point and shoot camera to a trifle. It even looks like an SLR to an extent in fact. Easy to handle because of its larger than your average point and shoot camera and the design difference, the FinePix S2980 is the first on my list of cameras available below 10000 INR which makes a difference at the way you would see your average point and shoot camera. Fujifilm FinePix S2980 is an optimal camera buy below 10000 INR because of the following specs:
- Resolution: 14 MP of high resolution with vivid colour and details support.
- Zoom & Lens: 18x optical zoom lens equivalent to 28-504mm
- Image Stabilizer & Sensitivity: FinePix S2980 sports dual image stabilization combining high ISO sensitivity and sensor-shift image stabilization.
- Other Features: The Fujifilm FinePix S2980 features HDTV compatibility, so that the images and videos you shoot can be viewed directly in high definition via the HDTV screen. Also packed into the FinePix S2980 is the SR Auto function that allows an auto 6 scene recognition function featuring definite subject recognition under different shooting environments resulting in crisp clear images.
Price Speak: The Fujifilm FinePix S2980 is best priced at 8590 INR.
2.Canon Powershot SX 150 IS:
The Canon Powershot SX 150 is touted as an all rounder camera by Canon and it is truly so because while positioned in the point and shoot segment, it still manages to provide the dexterity of higher motion cameras while shooting images as well as HD movies. The Canon Powershot SX 150 IS features a combo of well set photography features including a full manual dashboard that allows maximum creative exposure to your photos that will keep amateurs and even professionals happy. For more on it, check out the specs below:
- Resolution: 14.1 MP of high resolution.
- Zoom & Lens: 12x Optical Zoom and 28mm wide angle Zoom Lens
- Image Stabilizer & Sensitivity: The Canon Powershot SX 150 IS features an intelligent IS (Image Stabilization) system that automatically selects the best stabilization option for different kinds of shoots.
- Other Features: The fun feature to talk about in this camera is the creative filter option that consists of 8 special effects namely the toy camera, monochrome, miniature, fish eye, super vivid, poster color, color swap, color accent, each of which provide an unique colour mixed image taking experience to experiment creatively on your photos while you shoot them.
Price Speak: The Canon SX 150 IS is available at a best price of 7875 INR.
3.Nikon Coolpix L310:
The Nikon Coolpix L310 is a digital camera that puts the best competition to the next level of cameras like the SLRs through its multiple functionality combination which allows a great experience in terms of a photography experience. Its light in spite of its capabilities and its texture and design gives it a good holding grip which adds stability to the shots taken using it. The most feasible features are offered via the 3″ TFT LCD monitor that features brightness control features as well. For more on the Nikon Coolpix L310 sports the following specs:
- Resolution: 14.1 MP of high resolution.
- Zoom & Lens: High end 21x Optical Zoom and Nikkor Lens
- Image Stabilizer & Sensitivity: The Nikon Coolpix L310 features a combination of image-sensor shift and electronic VR and motion detection for still pictures which reduces the motion blur in pictures of moving subjects.
- Other Features: The Nikon Coolpix L310 features a number of easy camera features like 3-speed Sport continuous mode (H, M, L), easy auto mode with Scene auto selector, smart portrait system and a pet portrait mode.
Price Speak: The Nikon Coolpix L310 is available at a best price of 9130 INR.
This feature is an attempt at how comparison shopping with the perfect mix of information and comparison data is a viable watchword explained in case of the best affordable cameras rounded up from below 10000 INR.
About the Author: The author Rupam, works with FindYogi, an Indian product comparison shopping site. His major interests include alternate technologies, consumer markets and products which he covers extensively .