Update : We are not sure if this is from Datawind. The form is only noting ‘people’s interest’. Also there are 25 domain names registered for the same site which could be a case of cyber squatting.
Just to prove that Aakash tablet isn’t another sham by the government, its maker Datawind has opened it up for retail consumption. The tablet is called as Ubislate and will make you poorer by just Rs. 2999. Now that’s a steal for a contraption called Tablet.
You don’t get a good phone for 3K and Ubislate with its GPRS connection acts as a phone too. There’s no Bluetooth on it so be prepared for some stares if you plan to use it as a phone.
Irrespective of what the feature set holds and how the tablet performs in real, early adopters should buy it. Serious buyers can wait for reviews which should be out in two weeks.
Now this is beaten to death but for the sake of continuity let me do the drill.
- 7-inch resistive touch screen with 800×480 resolution
- Connexant processor with Graphics accelerator and HD Video processor
- GPRS and WiFi
- 3G dongle can be used
- 2GB internal memory. Can be expanded to 32 GB
- 2 USB ports
- microSD card slot
- Power and Battery: Up to 180 minutes on battery. AC adapter 200-240 volt range.
- Android 2.2
- Documents supported : PDF, DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX, ODT, ODP
- UbiSurfer-Browser with compression/acceleration and IE8 rendering.
In addition to this you will get a car charger, external antenna and keyboard case.
Order it here