A great camera phone can not only replace your old and bulky point-and-shoot digital camera (at least in daylight) but will also let you capture every memorable moment and scene. You simply can’t carry your digital camera along with you always. So if you love taking photos, then it becomes important that you invest in a good camera phone.
Here are some of the best camera phones running on Android OS that your money can buy under Rs. 10,000:
1. Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus
Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus is a metal body phone costing Rs. 8,499 running on top of Snapdragon 616 octa-core chip. The phone packs a 5 inch IPS full-HD display and runs on Android Lollipop.
Specifications: Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus
- Chipset: Snapdragon 616
- CPU: 1.5 GHz octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 405
- RAM: 2 GB
- OS: Android Lollipop 5.1
- Display: 5.0 inch, IPS FHD LCD display,
- Camera: Primary- 13 MP AF with LED Flash; Secondary- 5 MP FF
- Memory: Internal- 16 GB ; External- Up to 32 GB via microSD card slot.
- Battery: 2750 mAh Li-ion
- Connectivity: GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, Dual SIM with 4G support on both SIMs, microUSB 2.0 with USB Host, Dual SIM, Bluetooth 4.1, EDGE, HSPA, WiFi with hotspot
2. Karbonn Machone
Machone from Karbonn is popular for its imaging prowess. It’s not that it can beat a high-end smartphone but it packs a great camera for its price tag. It also comes with a lot of software features like gesture support, blink capture, stamina mode, etc.
Its specifications include 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 1 GB RAM, 4.7” HD display, 8 MP rear AF camera with flash, 5 MP front selfie cam with flash, 8 GB ROM, supports microSD up to 32 GB, 1800 mAh battery and dual-mic for noise cancellation. It runs on Android KitKat and supports all the required connectivity options like dual SIM support, 3G, WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc.
3. Asus Zenfone 5
Asus Zenfone not only looks great but also packs a very good camera with some great software features. It runs on an Intel Atom chip having a dual-core 1.2 GHz CPU, 5” IPS HD display with Gorilla Glass 3, 8 MP rear camera with AF and LED flash, 2 MP front cam, 8 GB ROM, 2 GB RAM, supports up to 64 external memory via microSD card, runs on Android KitKat, and is powered by a 2110 mAh battery.
It is a single SIM device and supports the regular connectivity options like 3G, Bluetooth, WiFi, and GPS.
4. Yu Yureka
Yu Yureka hardly needs any introduction. It created a lot of hype and was launched among huge fanfare in India with its main USP as CM OS running on top-notch hardware.
So let’s see what this phone has to offer @ Rs. 8,999:
Yureka packs a Snapdragon 615 SoC having 8 cores clocked at 1.5 GHz each. It also has 2 GB RAM, runs on Android KitKat based CM11 OS, boasts a 5.5” HD display, has 13MP AF camera with LED flash at the back and a secondary 5 MP FF camera at the front. It also packs 16 GB ROM which can be expanded to 32 GB via microSD card and is powered by a 2500 mAh battery.
It’s a dual SIM phone packing the regular connectivity options like GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, and FM Radio.
5. Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is a 4G dual SIM full metal body phone which runs on a fast Snapdragon 650 processor. It has a full HD IPS display and has 3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM.
The phone also has a fingerprint scanner at the back and also boasts an IR port. It also has a 16 MP rear camera supporting phase detection auto-focus and a 5 MP selfie camera.
Specifications: Redmi Note 3
- Chipset: Snapdragon 650
- CPU: 1.4 GHz quad-core + 1.8 GHz dual
- GPU: Adreno 510
- RAM: 3 GB
- OS: Android Lollipop
- Display: 5.5 inch, IPS FHD LCD display
- Camera: Primary- 16 MP PD-AF with dual tone dual-LED Flash; Secondary- 5 MP FF
- Memory: Internal- 32 GB ; External- up to 128 GB (hybrid slot)
- Battery: 4000 mAh Li-Po (non-removable)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, microUSB 2.0 with USB Host, Infra-Red port, Dual SIM, Bluetooth 4.0, EDGE, HSPA, WiFi with hotspot.
6. Lava Iris Pixel V2
Lava Pixel V2 is a 4G VoLTE Android Marshmallow smartphone and is priced at Rs. 8,800. It is powered by a 64-bit MediaTek chip, 2 GB RAM, and a 2500 mAh battery.
Specifications: Lava Pixel V2
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6735
- CPU: 1.0 GHz quad-core, 64-bit
- GPU: Mali-T720
- RAM: 2 GB
- OS: Android Marshmallow
- Display: 5.0 inch, HD IPS Display, Dragontrail Glass
- Camera: Primary- 13 MP AF with dual-LED Flash; Secondary- 8 MP (wide angle) with LED flash
- Memory: Internal- 16 GB; External- Up to 32 GB
- Battery: 2500 mAh Li-ion
- Connectivity: GPS with A-GPS, 4G LTE, Dual SIM support, microUSB 2.0, Bluetooth 4.0 EDGE, HSPA, WiFi with hotspot.
7. Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with 5.5-inch 2.5D curved full HD display powered with 2.1 GHz octa-core processor with 2/3 GB RAM, 13MP rear camera ,and 5 MP front camera. It runs on Android Marshmallow and has 16/64 GB ROM options.
Specifications: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- Chipset : Helio X20
- CPU: 2.1 GHz deca-core
- GPU: Mali T880 MP4
- RAM: 2.0/3.0 GB
- OS: 6.0 Marshmallow
- Display: 5.5 inch 2.5D curved screen with 1080p resolution
- Camera: Primary-13 MP AF, LED Flash ; Secondary- 5 MP FF
- Memory: Internal- 16/64 GB; External- up to 256 GB (via hybrid slot)
- Battery: 4100 mAh non removable
- Connectivity: 4G, GPS, OTG, Bluetooth 4.0, EDGE, HSPA, Wi-Fi with hotspot, Fingerprint Sensor, micro USB 2.0
The phone is not available in India yet! However, its 16 GB version is expected to be priced under Rs. 10,000 in India.
8. Moto G Play 4th Gen.
We hope that this list will prove to be very useful to you in making a sound decision while buying your next camera phone. Cheers!